Understand how to support socio-emotional development in the early years better
- Attend webinar: Fostering Friendships to Support Social-Emotional Learning in Early Childhood Programs by Lindsay Giroux, M.Ed via Early Childhood Investigation Webinars (August 16, 2017)
- Benefit: Learn strategies for planning thoughtful social skills instruction.
Develop observational and documentation skills
- Attend webinar: Documentation: A Tool for Family Engagement and Curriculum Development by Diane Kashin Early Childhood Investigation Webinars (August 23, 2017)
- Benefit: Learn more about pedagogical documentation and its benefits for family engagement.
Gain skills in facilitating early language and literacy development
- Attend e-Seminar: Boosting Bilingual Environments for Young Children: What the Research Says by Tamara Stein via The Hanen Centre
- Benefit: Become equipped to support the development of bilingual children.
- Attend e-Seminar: Making Book Reading a Time for Interaction and Conversation by Tamara Stein via The Hanen Centre
- Benefit: Learn strategies for promoting developmentally appropriate emergent literacy skills during shared book reading.
Learn about infant mental health and how to support vulnerable children
- Attend workshop: 5th Annual Infant Mental Health: (IMH-101) The Basics by Chaya Kulkarni, BAA, M.Ed., Ed.D via Infant Mental Health Promotion, The Hospital for Sick Children
- Benefit: Understand the importance of social, emotional, and cognitive development in the first three years.
Build confidence, leadership and public speaking skills
- Visit a Toastmasters Club and attend a meeting
- Benefit: Gain a better understanding of public speaking.
- Attend TedxToronto